Red Riding Hood (Down the Rabbit Hole) is a fantastic collection of stories from twelve talented authors who each weave their own version of the classic fairytale “Little Red Riding Hood”. As such, each story is quite individual to the author, having their own unique take on the theme, and creating their own identity, mood and tone within the collection. There is so much to love about this anthology, from being based on a favourite classic- the authors also give us so many genres to enjoy: everything from romance, erotica, BDSM, reverse harem, fantasy, paranormal, psychological, post -apocalyptic, and even a little horror- just to keep things interesting. There is definitely something here to suit everyone. So, do yourself a favour, grab a copy and dive in.
The stories and authors are:
– Ruby By: Autumn Sand
– Finding Red By: Natalie-Nicole Bates
– Cloaked By: Lia Fairchild
– The Wolves Den By: Laci Page
– Falling For The Hood: A Fairy Tale Retold By: Amy Allen
– Redd’s Wolves By: D.A Stein
– Little Red’s: A Red Riding Hood Short Story By: Darlene Tallman
– River Runs Red By: Kay Elle Parker
– Magic of Merlot By: Lorah Jaiyn
– Redbourne By: Natalia Schellhaas
– Brother Wolfe By: Ceecee Elaine
– Waking Red By: Jess Bagnall
The book and stories pulled me in right from the beginning and kept me entertained the whole way through. I kept turning the pages to discover what new situation, genre and characters I would discover next. There were so many varied characters in this anthology- from a cancer survivor, to various shifters, MC bikers, hunters, an actress, Witches, and a wildlife officer, just to name a few.
Some of these authors I know and love, while others are ‘new to me’- which is exciting to find more books and authors to add to my TBR.
If you love the classic “Red Riding Hood” and enjoy a variety of genres and some really well written stories with interesting characters- then this is definitely the book for you!
Thank you to all the contributing authors!
Reviewed by @angelahayes